Trane Technologies Oklahoma Project Developer
At Trane TechnologiesTM and through our businesses including Trane® and Thermo King®, we create innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and transportation that challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world. We’re a team that dares to look at the world’s challenges and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at home. We boldly go.
Trane Technologies has an exciting opportunity for a Project Developer in Oklahoma City, OK. As a Project Developer, you will be supporting one of the most challenging and fastest growing career fields, Trane Technologies Energy Services. This role includes working with internal teams and customers to identify and develop turnkey design-build solutions and energy savings contracting projects, including scope of work development, cost estimating, working with Energy Engineers to quantify energy savings, and proposal support as part of an industry leading Energy Services Company (ESCO). A career with an ESCO demands not only a knowledge of building systems and the energy engineering field, but also requires strong interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills coupled with the will, determination, work ethic and a desire to succeed.
The Project Developer is responsible for Acquisition Support of both Design-Build Turnkey and Energy Performance Contracting project work. This position requires mastery of acquisition, technical aptitude and project management skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop HVAC systems and solutions using a combination of Trane equipment and controls and other leading HVAC equipment and systems that include project scoping, concept development, engineering analysis, and system validation.
- Supports Account Managers in developing and establishing project installation budgets, and preparing the sub-contractor request for quotation’s (RFQ) including: scope statements; plans and milestone dates; specs; permitting and bonding requirements.
- Provide key technical support in pursuit of Trane business, including participation on strategic job acquisition teams.
- Manage the design including conceptual site plans and preliminary engineering documents through construction documents.
- Continually validate the effectiveness of the Design-Build Turnkey and ESPC processes and identify and develop improvements.
- Responsible for secured customers from Project Development through project transition.
- Assist and support all efforts of acquisition and customer satisfaction.
- Some travel required, other duties as assigned
- Four-year degree in Engineering, Technical field or Business Required.
- Working knowledge of cost and savings studies incorporating energy conversation measures (ECM).
- Working knowledge of energy rebate programs, utility tariffs and utility bill analysis.
- Ability to audit existing mechanical and building systems and recommend solutions to improve.
- Understanding of construction methods/practices and ability to communicate with and direct subcontractors in an effort to obtain critical proposal information.
- Project Management and Performance Contracting/ESCO experience required.
- Must have a general knowledge of basic engineering, electricity, mechanical HVAC systems and the building construction industry.
- Ability to develop and write HVAC system level sequence of operations and other system level control requirements a benefit.
- Proficiency in Visio, AutoCAD and/or other design software; knowledge of computerized energy simulation tools a plus
- Ability to work regularly and dependably as well as function in a team environment.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekends, as required, including some travel with occasional overnight stays.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
- DUI, Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Carless Driving, or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs. We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.